martes, 21 de septiembre de 2010

Me odio this format!

It's really difficult to add captions so I'll explain as best as I can here. The hike was great! 6 hours! We headed up to the Sanctury for Vicuña's Virgen. The message as you can see is really beautiful, I'll try and translate it for you all after this. This picture is really special to me.
I was sitting there in that blank spot and I just sat there for a good while, silent and then I opened my eyes and we were all sitting there completely silent. It actually brought me to tears, something so sacred happening so naturally. Here I came up with a new mantra for me, "Out of the head, into the heart". I've been using it a lot because I've realized it's natural to dwell on things, but it's the manner in which we take in those thoughts. I'm looking at them more with the heart rather than complicating them with crazy thoughts.




Anyways.....we headed way up a mountain, even doing a little rock climbing! It felt so good to get some exercise. As you can see the view was incredible and we had a nice little picnic at the top. So much peanut butter! I forgot I missed it so much!
The hostel we were staying at was so perfect too. It was the darling little old lady named Juana, my heart melted the moment I saw her. She had her daughter and grandchildren there too, so as we were making dinner we got to share in the family feeling. It was good for all of us being so homesick. She also makes delicious jam made of membrillo, look it up, it's some bizarre fruit here in Chile, but it makes really good jam, reminded me of Christmas with the cinnamon and all. The picture of the old lady is actually of her mother, but I couldn't resist to take it because it's so grandiose and probably the most impressive portrait I've ever seen.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario